Tentative schedule 2017 for RAL supply vessel to Northeast Greenland (NEG)
Joint Arctic Command (JACO) offers transport opportunities for scientists / scientific purposes according to the tentative schedule shown in Table 1.
|Period||Vessel type||Application deadline||Comments|
|Week 31-32, 2017||MALIK ARCTICA||01 May 2017||Plan|
TERMS AND PRECONDITIONS:
- Applicant must be a registered member of Isaaffik.
- Each application must be evaluated and approved by applicant's own institution before submittal to Isaaffik. See list of local logistics coordinators at: http://www.isaaffik.org/isaaffik-contact-info.
- Approved projects must be registered in the Isaaffik project database.
Treatment of requests:
- Permission for traffic and stay in Northeast Greenland (NEG) is given by the Government of Greenland after consultation with the Chief Constable of Greenland and Joint Arctic Command. Permission is granted only with the agreement of these two authorities.
Applications for travel permits must be received by the Government of Greenland at least 12 weeks before the anticipated start of the trip.
Ship transportation of cargo:
- Applications are evaluated relative to free container space on the annual commercial supply vessel relative to the Joint Arctic Command's own needs.
- Payment according to current price.
ISAAFFIK APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Applicant login to www.Isaaffik.org and follow the instructions on the Apply for support page.
- The Isaaffik Secretariat registers applications in Table 2 below.
- Any questions about the application process should be forwarded to the Isaaffik Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Appl. No||Date of appl.||Applicant name (PI) & e-mail link||Institution name||Project title & link to appl.||Appl. type||No of persons||Cargo (kg)||Volume (m3)||Priority||Status at JACO|
|1||16 JAN 2017||PS Mikkelsen||NANOK||NANOK container Ella Ø||Logistics||1 ea 20 ft container||Approved|